Coping with change and uncertainty
Change is part of life.
It is important to be able to cope with and manage change effectively.
Change is hard sometimes and can feel rubbish.
It is okay to go through the different emotions. Everyone goes through a cycle of thoughts and emotions to some degree when they encounter change.
There is no right way. Change CAN be managed.
It is important to consider what you can control versus what you can’t.
For further reading click on the link below:
Coping with Change and Uncertainty - Advice for children and young people.pdf
Need more help?
If you or someone you are supporting is experiencing a mental health crisis and needs urgent support right now, please click here.
Further organisations offering support:
- Childline (under-19s) trained counsellors provide confidential support on anything – no matter how small or large.
- Call: 0800 1111
- Chat with a counsellor online about whatever's worrying you
- Visit: www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
- Open: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- PAPYRUS HOPELINEUK (for under-35s) offers confidential support and practical advice.
- Call: 0800 068 4141
- Text: 07860 039 967
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open: 9am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends and bank holidays
- Samaritans offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. You don’t have to be suicidal.
- Call: 116123 (free from any phone)
- Email: email@example.com (Sometimes writing down your thoughts and feelings can help you understand them. Email how you are feeling to 'jo' and a volunteer will respond)
- Open: 24-hours a day, 7-days a week