What is Core Specialist Mental Health?

Growing up is not easy, and sometimes it's hard to cope with whatever life throws at you.

Rise's Core Specialist Mental Health Services can help if you:

  • feel sad or like you don't want to be here any more
  • have problems with your family, friends or at school
  • hurt yourself or want to hurt yourself
  • feel anxious and scared
  • have problems with eating and food
  • have trouble talking or sleeping
  • hear voices or see things
  • feel angry or are struggling to control your behaviour or temper
  • find it hard to concentrate or get on with friends
  • have to check or repeat things, or worry about germs
  • don't like yourself or have low self-confidence 

The people who work within Rise have had specialist training in the way young people think and feel and know how to help them feel better. They will see you with your parents or carer, but may see you on your own if you would like them to. This helps the Rise person to work out what is happening and the best way of helping you. 

These services are available for young people.

Because we are associated mental health, lots of people get worried when they find out they have been referred. There is a lot of stigma about the words 'mental health' but we use the words to describe all the things to do with your mind, not to label you in any way. To us, mental health means the same as physical health - we want you to look after your mind just as well as you do your body. You are not alone. In the UK around 1 in 10 children and young people have problems with their mental health or emotional wellbeing at some stage. This means that you are not alone, and many of these young people will have appointments with Rise too.

Rise Frequently Asked Questions - Jan 2020.pdf [pdf] 474KB

Introducing_RISE_A5_Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 1MB